COVID-19 Update


6 September 2021

Kia ora to tatou whanau Matangi – Hello to our Matangi families.

We were relieved to receive the Prime Minister’s decision this afternoon, that all of New Zealand (excluding Auckland) will move to Alert Level 2, as from 11:59pm Tuesday the 7th of September (tomorrow).

This will mean that Matangi School will officially reopen and in-class learning will resume from Thursday the 9th of September 2021. Matangi School staff are really excited with this announcement and can’t wait to see you all again.

Over the next two days, our teachers will be busy preparing their classrooms and programmes, in readiness to receive our wonderful students back on site. As a result, we will not be supervising any students on site on Wednesday the 8th of September. As per the Prime Minister’s announcement, our school will remain closed until Thursday the 9th  of September and our online learning will continue for this time.

Please be assured, that actioning the requirements set by the Ministry of Health, will be an absolute priority for us to ensure that all learners, staff, and our community will be safe. We will continue to support New Zealand’s actions to eliminate the COVID-19 virus.

Future updates will be shared, from myself, with you tomorrow, which will outline specific details of how Matangi School will operate under Alert Level 2 restrictions.

Ngā mihi,

Helena Kirkham

(Acting Principal)